My place for spouting off.

5.26.2005

Scholarly Farts

I did a google search, using the Scholarly search engine, a beta search capability of Google, that searches things scholarly. So of course, I decided to put the engine to the test, so I searched for Fart.

Here’s what I found
E. Fart

Entropy and data compression (Corresp.)
Tzannes, N. Sarantakis, A. Fart, E.

Notice the 3rd author…


Then there’s

Ye Old Farte

“Gone with the wind – more thoughts on medieval farting” – I’m sure the University of Minnesota is proud of this item.

The esteemed BMJ (British Medical Journal) had this gem regarding the infectious nature of cutting the cheese

Faurt

summary, farting naked will send out some bacterium, but only the “nice” kind, while clothing acts as a filter…the description of the experiment involving the Petri dish and the flatus was most alarming to me.

Where have all the swearwords gone? Finnish F***kers

Asks these fools from the University of Helsinki.

There were lots of hits due to poor spelling, like Far or Part…Spell This these folks should have proof read and not just relied on their spell checker to help them out.

There seemed to be a preponderance of hits from the bmj.com, Brits, Farts, Medical Science, State sponsored medical care…coincidence? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home